Testosterone is a male hormone that affects muscle mass, masculinity and much more. If the level of this hormone is normal, a man feels energetic and vigorous, and the level of his libido and the results of sports training will be high. Therefore, every man should maintain a high level of testosterone, and it does not matter whether the gain of muscle mass is the main goal or not. Well, if you are focused on training for muscle growth, this hormone, the more should be maintained at the highest possible level.
The problem of testosterone levels becomes very relevant for men who have reached middle age. The production of this hormone can be stimulated in a natural way, without the use of anabolic drugs. Exercises, proper nutrition and other simple ways, which are discussed below, can help in this.
1. Training with significant weights: Strength exercises with a significant weight load promote the growth of muscle tissue, and this affects the production of testosterone. Its maximum level falls on a period of a day’s duration immediately after such exercises.
To increase the level of the male sex hormone, it is necessary to conduct 4-5 workouts per week with a duration of 60-75 minutes each. The best option will be exercises with the maximum weight of shells and a small number of repetitions (up to 8 times). Between the approaches there should not be any breaks longer than 2 minutes.
2. Moderate stress on the heart: Cardio-draining is needed to strengthen the heart muscle. But too long loads of this kind can lower testosterone levels. It should not, of course, abandon them altogether, but the training should not last more than 30-45 minutes and be conducted more often four times a week.
3. Protein food: To increase the level of the male hormone, eat foods that contain a lot of protein. This is dairy products, and meat (pork, poultry, lean beef), and eggs. Such food contributes to the growth of muscle mass. Protein food should be consumed on the basis of the following proportion: 2 grams of pure protein per kilogram of body weight.
4. Vegetables: The fact that vegetables have a positive effect on health and muscle growth has long been a secret. But recently, scientists have found that there are vegetables that can affect the level of testosterone. Among these vegetables – all kinds of cabbage (kohlrabi, broccoli, Brussels and Chinese cabbage), as well as watercress. This is explained by the content in these products of special enzymes – indoles and phytonutrients. They reduce the level of estrogen in the body, while the concentration of male sex hormone rises.
5. Fats: To increase the level of testosterone in the body, it is recommended to eat food containing omega-3 fats. These products include fatty fish (mackerel, salmon, trout, sardines, herring, and perch) and vegetable oil from olives or rapeseed.
6. Exclusion of alcohol: Although doctors recommend that you sometimes drink a glass of good red wine in the evening to strengthen immunity, too zealous adherence to this advice will negatively affect testosterone, lowering its level. By the way, smoking also negatively affects the production of the male sex hormone, inhibiting its production and reducing its content in the blood.
7. Supplements: Tongkat Ali 100:1, affects the level of testosterone, boosting it. In addition, Tongkat Ali 100:1 reduces the level of sugar in the blood, which contributes to a more intense muscle growth after weight training. Another powerful herbal remedy for improving male potency and increasing testosterone levels is the root of ginseng. It also stimulates many other physiological functions of the body.
8. Sleep: Sleep must be full. Sleep should be at least 8-10 hours. Only in this case your muscles will be able to completely relax after training and recover. A good rest also positively affects the well-being, which plays a role in the productivity of training and in the level of the male sex hormone.
9. Sex: Thanks to regular sex, luteinizing hormone is produced, which is responsible for activating interstitial cells that produce testosterone. And with prolonged abstinence from sex, testosterone levels go down.
In addition, it is important to avoid stressful situations to increase testosterone naturally, when cortisol is produced – a hormone that improves survival in an extreme situation, but blocks the production of testosterone, which exerts an excessive strain on the body and destroys the muscles.