An epoxy floor usually consists in an epoxy coating, applied over basic concrete floors. While it can also be applied on other surfaces, an epoxy coating requires a clean, porous surface so that it can adhere properly. This type of flooring is often chosen for industrial and commercial spaces. If you are considering this type of flooring, keep on reading to learn the numerous advantages of epoxy coatings.
• Epoxy floors can brighten any space. The glossy surface is great for reflecting light, and depending on its quality and the amount of light that it receives, it can increase the brightness in a room by 200%. This makes epoxy coatings the best solutions for dark warehouses or for any other space that needs a little more brightness.
• They can be installed quickly and with minimum effort. Some manufacturers even have additional solutions for fresh concrete slabs. For example, Treadwell is one of the best Kansas City Epoxy Flooring companies and they have some very innovative flooring solutions. While a typical concrete slab requires 28 days to sure, Treadwell uses a hybrid urethane and epoxy floor system to install the new floor in as little as 5 days.
• They are highly durable. Epoxy floors are usually designed to withstand heavy traffic and invasive cleaning solutions. They can even resist oil stains and various chemicals. When it is applied properly, the epoxy coating can last for many years, and it will do a great job protecting the existing concrete floor.
• Epoxy coatings are incredibly safe. Despite their glossy appearance, epoxy floors make for great anti slip surfaces, so you don’t have to worry about the safety of your employees. Moreover, they are heat and fire resistant, and they are among the most environmentally friendly flooring solutions.
• They are easy to clean. When you choose epoxy coatings, you don’t need to worry about the floor’s maintenance. Basically, epoxy coating doesn’t require any maintenance, and it can make do with basic sweeping. However, if you are looking for a solution for a hospital or another type of sterile environment, it is best to opt for a seamless quartz epoxy floor. Seamless floors don’t have any openings where bacteria can develop, and they can be sterilized with ease.
• They have versatile designs. These types of floors can easily integrate any interior design. They come in many colors, and you can use this versatility to create designated working and traffic areas.
That being said, it is safe to conclude that epoxy floors are ideal solutions for any commercial or industrial areas.