Ketogenic diet resource can not only help you fight disease but it will also help you to lose weight. There are some factors that might make you to consider losing some weight. Some of these factors include obesity, heart disease, rapid weight gain and desire to live a healthy lifestyle. On a ketogenic diet, your body uses ketones instead of glucose. This encourages the body to burn fat and as a result, it can lead to weight loss. Shifting to a ketogenic diet can be difficult but you will begin to see results within one week.
Beginning your ketogenic diet
1. First you need to visit your doctor and inform him or her of your decision to start a diet. If you are pregnant, it is best to begin the diet once the baby is born. It will also help you shed baby fat after breastfeeding. If you are epileptic, the doctor might discourage you from going on a ketogenic diet or might want to check your ketogenic diet resources and make a few changes. Also, visit your doctor two weeks after beginning the diet.
2. Know the risks of a ketogenic diet. If you are suffering from a kidney or heart disease, going on a ketogenic diet might put you at risk. A ketogenic diet has high amounts of protein which increases the amount of calcium in the body and this might strain your kidneys.
3. Begin with a low carb diet. If you are obese or have been gaining weight rapidly, it could be as a result of taking high carb foods. Beginning slowly with a low carb diet will prevent you from being tempted to go back to your high carb foods and you will feel like you are taking your regular diet.
4. Do not forget about whole grain cereals, macro nutrients and water. Whole grain foods and vegetables will help you to feel full for longer, thus preventing you from eating regularly. Remember to count the calories these foods have since some of them have a very high calorie count. Food with fiber will help you to ease bowel movements and water keeps you hydrated. Forget about the 6-8 glasses of water per day and take water whenever you feel thirsty.
5. Do not stress about calories. If you feel like your plan is not as effective as you wanted it to be, consider going to the gym or going for a walk so as to help burn the extra calories. Yoga and meditation will also keep your mind calm and relaxed.
6. Weight loss takes time. If you just started the diet, it might take a while to see results. The diet does not yield instant results so avoid weighing yourself everyday and measuring yourself all the time. Instead, spend more time preparing for your meal and enjoy social activities that will keep your mind off weighing yourself. Ketogenic diet resources should give you noticeable results within the first month after beginning.