We sat down with Steven Fawcett of CrossFit JST in Wigan (UK) recently at the 2014 inov-8 athlete retreat in beautiful Big Sur, California. Steven went to the European Regionals in 2013 and will be going to Regionals again this year after finishing 42nd in the Open in the increasingly competitive European region. With his recent 2:18 performance on Diane, Steven seems to be peaking at just the right time this year.
We covered a variety of topics, including his mental approach in approaching the huge volume of training required to compete at an elite level (at 3:00 of the video) [Note: Our sincere apologies for the sound quality at times; it was a little windy on top of the hill where we were (but gorgeous)]:
- 0:00 How he got into CrossFit in the first place
- 0:45 CrossFit JST
- 1:55 What he does as an inov-8 sponsored athlete with product development
- 3:00 How he approaches training
- 3:30 Advice for new athletes
- 4:20 Differences between coaching men and women
- 5:05 Steven’s last meal on Earth (hint: he isn’t giving up without a fight!)
We had a great time chatting, and best of luck to Steven in Regionals!
Follow Steven on Twitter at @steveyf22.