Lots of you know Tony Budding from his former role running media for CrossFit. Up until now, he hasn’t talked much about his new venture, the National Pro Fitness League, so we sat down with him for a discussion about what the NPFL is, the opportunities for athletes to get paid to compete in their sport, and his plans to make it a very spectator-friendly sport (on TV and in person).
- 0:25 What the NPFL is
- 1:50: How teams are formed & the draft process
- 3:55: Why each team is required to have 2 athletes over 40 years old
- 6:00: What the season looks like and when competition begins in 2014
- 6:45: What an event & 11 races entail
- 9:00: Betting & fantasy NPFL? And you will able to compete against the athletes?!?
- 10:10: Substitutions in NPFL races
- 11:10: The “grid” and venues
- 12:40: Athlete selection and specialization by teams
- 13:30: Athlete selection at the NPFL combines
- 16:18: New developments & Eleiko sponsorship
- 18:10: What Tony would eat for his last meal on earth …
Big thanks to Tony for stopping by, and we look forward to updates as the inaugural 2014 National Pro Fitness League gets underway later this year!