It is a common and chronic disease that affects the tissues and muscles. Some of them often get it confused with arthritis, but in fact it is not an arthritis disease because unlike arthritis it does not cause inflammation or damage to the joints, muscles and other tissues. But sometimes the answer to the question what is Fibromyalgia varies from doctor to doctor.
Mostly the people those who are suffering from this disorder have a musculoskeletal pain which is further accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues. The body is mostly affected by the pains in different parts of the body which creates lot of problem to the person suffering itself. Symptoms like these are considered to be subjective, that is they can’t be determined by tests.
What Are The Symptoms Of Fibromyalgia?
- Widespread pain- the pain associated with this disorder is described as the dull ache which usually lasts for at least three months. The pain occurs on both sides of the body.
- Fatigue- person suffering from this disorder usually get tired very easily. They often wake up tired even after sleeping for long hours. And in the most cases the sleep is disturbed due to endless pains.
- Cognitive difficulties- due to the no ending pain the patients usually are impaired with the ability to focus, pay attention and concentrate on mental tasks.
What Are The Causes?
- Genetics – In most of the cases these diseases are actually followed genetically. There are many genetic mutations which makes more sustainable to these disorders.
- Infections – Prior illness may tend to figure out this illness to make the symptoms more badly.
- Physical Or Emotional Trauma – Sometimes this can be caused due to experiencing physical or emotional trauma. This effect is linked with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Stress – Just like trauma, stress can also create a long reaching effect to your body which deals with this for months and years.
How Is It Diagnosed?
In most cases doctors have to often rule out the other effective potential which causes the symptoms before being ruling out it as fibromyalgia. What is Fibromyalgia is always answered by the doctor on seeing many other symptoms. They don’t jump on the conclusion immediately. Since there is no general test for fibromyalgia, so some of the doctors do conclude that the pain of the patient is not real. Some of the medications which are given by the doctor are-:
- Pain relievers like ibuprofen, acetaminophen, Tylenol.
- Antidepressants like milnacipran , duloxetine.
- Ant seizure drugs like Gabapentin.
These medications will definitely provide relief to the affected persons. Although it can’t be eradicated completely but will definitely help to relief yourself. Some of the other remedies are also there like- physical therapy, acupuncture, meditation, yoga, regular exercise, getting enough sleep at night, massage therapy and healthy and complete diets.
Some of the useful supplements which are good for Fibromyalgia are Duloxetine, Milnacipran, and Pregabalin. These act as the best supplements for this disorder. It is very important to take proper care of the body no matters what but one should be very active regarding the physical activity. No matter what, regular exercise is a must to keep yourself fit.